Written by V R Sunday, 26 September 2010 19:07
- It is simple in design as compared to steam power station since no boilers and their auxiliaries are required.
- It is much smaller in size as compared to steam power station of the same capacity.This is expected since gas turbine power plant does no require boiler,feed water arrangement etc.
- The initial and operating costs are much lower than that of equivalent steam power station.
- It requires comparatively less water as no condenser is used.
- The maintenance charges are quite small.
- Since a great part of power developed by the turbine is used in driving the compressor,the net output is low.
- The overall efficiency of such plants is low because the exhaust gases from the turbine contain sufficient heat.
- The temperature of combustion chamber is quite high so that its life is comparatively reduced.
|< Prev||Next >|